Youngsters’ photos dispel fashion myths
- Credit: Summers Photography
A PHOTOGRAPHY project involving youngsters from Pill sought to dispel some myths of the fashion industry.
Organised by Pill and District Young People’s Partnership, the six-week scheme saw youngsters at the youth club in Church Place learn how clever lighting and post-production tweaks can give someone a flawless complexion.
The project involved 25 young people, some of whom took pictures and others who used their creative ideas for props and poses.
It culminated in an exhibition at the youth club on March 22 which allowed other young people, parents, councillors and residents to view the group’s work.
Youth worker Sue Summers said: “Our photography project stemmed from a conversation we had in the club about how some young people felt under pressure to conform to a certain image.
You may also want to watch:
“Over the course of the six-week project, those involved gained new skills and increased their self esteem.”
- 1 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 2 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe
- 3 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 4 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 New bike shelter opened at Weston General Hospital for Clean Air Day
- 7 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 8 Portishead Summer Show announces 2021 dates
- 9 Circus Funtasia comes to Clevedon
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset