Young artists get chance to exhibit
BUDDING artists are being sought to take part in an art competition and exhibition at Portishead Youth Centre.
Under 18s are invited to submit drawings and paintings of any subject of their choice to the Harbour Road centre before September 12.
There will be four age group sections, each with a selection of prizes ranging from vouchers for artist materials donated by Morgan Westley to cash prizes. The sections are: preschool, four to seven-year-olds, eight to 12-year-olds and teenagers.
The entries will be displayed throughout the youth centre during Portishead festival week, which runs from September 20-26, when members of the public will be invited to view the work and award marks on a judging sheet. The entries with the top marks at the close of the exhibition will be named winners.
A youth centre spokesman said: “We want to encourage children and young people to develop and show off their artistic talents and we hope that members of the public will support them by coming to view their work. It doesn’t cost anything to view and people are welcome to use our cafe while they are here.”
You may also want to watch:
The youth centre is open daily from 9am. To find out more call 01275 842461.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 3 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 4 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 5 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 6 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
- 7 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 8 Nailsea & Backwell RFC thrash Stothert & Pitt to make it four wins from four
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season