Young artists get chance to exhibit
BUDDING artists are being sought to take part in an art competition and exhibition at Portishead Youth Centre.
Under 18s are invited to submit drawings and paintings of any subject of their choice to the Harbour Road centre before September 12.
There will be four age group sections, each with a selection of prizes ranging from vouchers for artist materials donated by Morgan Westley to cash prizes. The sections are: preschool, four to seven-year-olds, eight to 12-year-olds and teenagers.
The entries will be displayed throughout the youth centre during Portishead festival week, which runs from September 20-26, when members of the public will be invited to view the work and award marks on a judging sheet. The entries with the top marks at the close of the exhibition will be named winners.
A youth centre spokesman said: “We want to encourage children and young people to develop and show off their artistic talents and we hope that members of the public will support them by coming to view their work. It doesn’t cost anything to view and people are welcome to use our cafe while they are here.”
You may also want to watch:
The youth centre is open daily from 9am. To find out more call 01275 842461.
- 1 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 2 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 3 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Have your say about possible development surrounding Weston Big Wood
- 5 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 6 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 7 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 8 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 9 ‘You’ve been flamingoed!”
- 10 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal