Charity offering free cash grants
- Credit: PA
Yatton United Charities has reminded people that the deadline for its cash grants is looming.
The charity supports people living in Cleeve, Claverham and Yatton with grant totals depending on how many applicants it receives each year.
A spokesman has told the Mercury and Times that anyone in need of financial support can apply including 'the elderly, children, students, local non-commercial organisations, people with disabilities, or learning difficulties, and people experiencing hardship in their life, for example through illness'.
Molly Byrnes previously applied for the grant and was able to pursue a hobby in cycling - which she could not afford beforehand.
Her parents, Andy and Becky, decided she would need an adapted bike and realised a tandem bike could be the answer.
The spokesman added: "The money donated to Molly from Yatton United Charities has been used to buy her a specialised cycle helmet, a new saddle, a bell, a bag and some fabulously bright cycling clothes."
The deadline for applications is July 31.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 4 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 7 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 8 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 9 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
To apply email email@example.com or contact the Clerk to the Trustees on 07855 496779