Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- Credit: Archant
A man appeared in court on Monday after being charged in connection with an incident in Yatton.
James Richardson, aged 33, was charged with two counts of attempted murder after a man and a woman, both in their 60s, were found seriously injured near the Henley Lane area at about 3pm on Saturday. They both remain in hospital.
Richardson, of no fixed address, will also face one count each of assaulting an emergency worker and breaching a restraining order.
He was remanded ahead of appearing at North Somerset Courthouse before the Times and Mercury went to press.
Officers have been conducting additional reassurance patrols in the Yatton area since the weekend.
Enquiries into what happened are continuing and police are asking any witnesses who could assist their investigation to contact them through their website or call 101 and give the reference number 5221076615.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 2 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 4 Conservative named as Avon and Somerset police and crime commissioner
- 5 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 6 Clevedon AC members enjoy Glastonbury 10k outing
- 7 Nailsea & Backwell enjoy return to rugby action
- 8 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
- 9 May 17: Museums gear up to reopen in North Somerset next week
- 10 Lions fund noticeboard for Backwell viewpoint