Warning signs for village?
- Credit: Archant
A parish council could install signs to improve road safety.
Wraxall and Failand Parish Council voted unanimously to install a warning sign near Wraxall Primary School, in Bristol Road.
The exact location of the sign, which will be somewhere on the east side of Wraxall Hill, will be discussed with North Somerset Council.
Additional road lines and the clearing of signs will take place at Hazel Farm, while further warnings near The Battleaxes pub, in Bristol Road, to make motorists aware of a bend in the road have also been mooted.
After completion of the works, the traffic around The Grove will be monitored and kept under review.
You may also want to watch:
Safety concerns were raised by villagers following the North Somerset Council’s decision to move the give way junction at The Grove further into the main Bristol Road due to the location of the bus stop, which had caused confusion among drivers.
- 1 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 2 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 3 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 4 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 5 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 6 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 8 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
- 9 Injury-hit Yatton show spirit in loss to Winscombe
- 10 Staff take on 10km charity walk for school sports hall