Hospice launches new fun run scheme
- Credit: Archant
A family fun run to generate funds for ill patients will take place next month.
St Peter's Hospice launched the Madmess 5K at the North Somerset Showground on July 24 and will host the event at the same venue on September 28.
The foamy fun run, suitable for ages three and up, will feature bubbles, a sparkly glitter station and puffs of powder paint.
The course is not timed and the aim is for fun while raising vital funds for patient care throughout the area.
St Peter's Hospice cares for adults with life-limiting illnesses and aims to improve their quality of life, while extending care and support to their families and loved ones.
You may also want to watch:
All of its care is provided free of charge, but costs around £22,000 per day to deliver.
The hospice relies on gifts in wills, donations and fundraising.
- 1 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 2 Work to start on Nailsea housing development this summer
- 3 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 4 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 5 Sprawling country house with grounds and outbuildings
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 9 North Somerset to host hot air balloon race
- 10 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
To sign up, visit www.stpetershospice.org.uk/support-us/madmess/