World famous group in town
A WORLD-famous group will take to the stage on Weston’s Grand Pier later this year.
With their catalogue of hits, The Three Degrees will entertain audiences at a special concert on October 7.
They were asked to play live at the pier by Richard Buckner and Gary Langdale, who run Weston-based energy surveying business, A1 Home Inspectors.
They became friends with The Three Degrees after years of attending their concerts all over the world, and were delighted when the trio agreed to the performance.
The Three Degrees formed in 1963 in Philadelphia.
You may also want to watch:
Over the years the group’s line-up has changed, but at the peak of its success it featured Valerie Holiday, Helen Scott and Sheila Ferguson.
That line-up performed for Prince Charles at his 30th birthday party and attended the pre-wedding party before his marriage to Lady Diana Spencer.
- 1 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 6 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 7 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon return to top of WEPL table with win over Lansdown
- 10 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
Helen and Valerie will be performing in Weston, and they will be joined a relatively new addition, Freddie Pool.
Tickets will go on sale shortly. Further details will be announced via www.grandpier.co.uk