World famous group in town
A WORLD-famous group will take to the stage on Weston’s Grand Pier later this year.
With their catalogue of hits, The Three Degrees will entertain audiences at a special concert on October 7.
They were asked to play live at the pier by Richard Buckner and Gary Langdale, who run Weston-based energy surveying business, A1 Home Inspectors.
They became friends with The Three Degrees after years of attending their concerts all over the world, and were delighted when the trio agreed to the performance.
The Three Degrees formed in 1963 in Philadelphia.
Over the years the group’s line-up has changed, but at the peak of its success it featured Valerie Holiday, Helen Scott and Sheila Ferguson.
That line-up performed for Prince Charles at his 30th birthday party and attended the pre-wedding party before his marriage to Lady Diana Spencer.
- 1 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 2 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 3 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
- 4 Appeal launched to save town's Christmas light displays
- 5 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 6 Geocaching added to Nailsea Heritage Trail
- 7 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend
- 8 New Clevedon charity is helping to create the scientists of the future
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Olivier Award-winning play screening in Clevedon
- 10 Legal challenge over plans to dump dredging waste off Portishead
Helen and Valerie will be performing in Weston, and they will be joined a relatively new addition, Freddie Pool.
Tickets will go on sale shortly. Further details will be announced via www.grandpier.co.uk