World famous group in town
A WORLD-famous group will take to the stage on Weston’s Grand Pier later this year.
With their catalogue of hits, The Three Degrees will entertain audiences at a special concert on October 7.
They were asked to play live at the pier by Richard Buckner and Gary Langdale, who run Weston-based energy surveying business, A1 Home Inspectors.
They became friends with The Three Degrees after years of attending their concerts all over the world, and were delighted when the trio agreed to the performance.
The Three Degrees formed in 1963 in Philadelphia.
You may also want to watch:
Over the years the group’s line-up has changed, but at the peak of its success it featured Valerie Holiday, Helen Scott and Sheila Ferguson.
That line-up performed for Prince Charles at his 30th birthday party and attended the pre-wedding party before his marriage to Lady Diana Spencer.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 4 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 Portishead furniture maker features in new BBC TV series
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
Helen and Valerie will be performing in Weston, and they will be joined a relatively new addition, Freddie Pool.
Tickets will go on sale shortly. Further details will be announced via www.grandpier.co.uk