World famous group in town
A WORLD-famous group will take to the stage on Weston’s Grand Pier later this year.
With their catalogue of hits, The Three Degrees will entertain audiences at a special concert on October 7.
They were asked to play live at the pier by Richard Buckner and Gary Langdale, who run Weston-based energy surveying business, A1 Home Inspectors.
They became friends with The Three Degrees after years of attending their concerts all over the world, and were delighted when the trio agreed to the performance.
The Three Degrees formed in 1963 in Philadelphia.
You may also want to watch:
Over the years the group’s line-up has changed, but at the peak of its success it featured Valerie Holiday, Helen Scott and Sheila Ferguson.
That line-up performed for Prince Charles at his 30th birthday party and attended the pre-wedding party before his marriage to Lady Diana Spencer.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 4 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery
Helen and Valerie will be performing in Weston, and they will be joined a relatively new addition, Freddie Pool.
Tickets will go on sale shortly. Further details will be announced via www.grandpier.co.uk