Works planned for Clevedon roads
ESSENTIAL gas mains replacement work will be carried out in Clevedon from April 11 and is expected to last 20 weeks.
Wales and West Utilities is investing �820,00 in new plastic gas pipes and the work will affect Old Church Road, Coleridge Vale Road North, Marson Road, Station Road, The Triangle, Kenn Road, Chapel Hill, Old Street, Hillview Avenue, Melbourne Terrace, Moor Lane, Oldville Avenue, Halswell Road, Shelley Avenue, Yeo Moor, Hill Moor, Treefield Road, Kennaway Road and Baytree Road.
A temporary road closure will be introduced in Old Church Road, from the junction of Queens Road to The Triangle, from May 23 to June 17.
This includes time for North Somerset Council to resurface the road.
A second road closure will also be introduced in Old Street from the junction with Parnell Road and The Triangle from June 27 to July 8.
You may also want to watch:
Temporary, two-way traffic lights will also be used on some streets as the project progresses and some bus routes will be affected.
Wales and West Utilities has been working with North Somerset Council and has also contact residents and businesses in the affected areas to notify them of the impending work.
- 1 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 2 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 3 Nailsea & Backwell under-16s get better of Weston on return to rugby
- 4 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 5 Business expansion plans get the go-ahead at Royal Portbury Dock
- 6 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 7 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 8 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 9 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 10 THINGS TO DO: Inflatable theme park returns to Gatcombe Farm Shop