Works planned for Clevedon roads
ESSENTIAL gas mains replacement work will be carried out in Clevedon from April 11 and is expected to last 20 weeks.
Wales and West Utilities is investing �820,00 in new plastic gas pipes and the work will affect Old Church Road, Coleridge Vale Road North, Marson Road, Station Road, The Triangle, Kenn Road, Chapel Hill, Old Street, Hillview Avenue, Melbourne Terrace, Moor Lane, Oldville Avenue, Halswell Road, Shelley Avenue, Yeo Moor, Hill Moor, Treefield Road, Kennaway Road and Baytree Road.
A temporary road closure will be introduced in Old Church Road, from the junction of Queens Road to The Triangle, from May 23 to June 17.
This includes time for North Somerset Council to resurface the road.
A second road closure will also be introduced in Old Street from the junction with Parnell Road and The Triangle from June 27 to July 8.
You may also want to watch:
Temporary, two-way traffic lights will also be used on some streets as the project progresses and some bus routes will be affected.
Wales and West Utilities has been working with North Somerset Council and has also contact residents and businesses in the affected areas to notify them of the impending work.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 9 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend