Women knit for children
HUNDREDS of blankets, jumpers, cardigans and hats have been sent to children in developing countries thanks to a small group of women in Clevedon.
Each month, about eight women gather at Christchurch in Chapel Hill to knit items for the charity, Feed the Children.
As well as this, a number of out workers also knit items at home that are then sent in for donation.
The group has been meeting for many years and is run by Marilyn Barrow and Gina Hall.
In the past 18 months alone its members have sent 214 blankets, 768 jumpers, 47 cardigans and 98 hats to the charity for distribution to youngsters in Africa and disaster-hit countries. Now, the group has also been asked to start knitting school jumpers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to join the group or anyone wanting to donate wool can call Marilyn on 01275 876132.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 8 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style