Women knit for children
HUNDREDS of blankets, jumpers, cardigans and hats have been sent to children in developing countries thanks to a small group of women in Clevedon.
Each month, about eight women gather at Christchurch in Chapel Hill to knit items for the charity, Feed the Children.
As well as this, a number of out workers also knit items at home that are then sent in for donation.
The group has been meeting for many years and is run by Marilyn Barrow and Gina Hall.
In the past 18 months alone its members have sent 214 blankets, 768 jumpers, 47 cardigans and 98 hats to the charity for distribution to youngsters in Africa and disaster-hit countries. Now, the group has also been asked to start knitting school jumpers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to join the group or anyone wanting to donate wool can call Marilyn on 01275 876132.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 4 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 7 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 8 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 9 Appeal after man injured in robbery
- 10 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities