Women knit for children
HUNDREDS of blankets, jumpers, cardigans and hats have been sent to children in developing countries thanks to a small group of women in Clevedon.
Each month, about eight women gather at Christchurch in Chapel Hill to knit items for the charity, Feed the Children.
As well as this, a number of out workers also knit items at home that are then sent in for donation.
The group has been meeting for many years and is run by Marilyn Barrow and Gina Hall.
In the past 18 months alone its members have sent 214 blankets, 768 jumpers, 47 cardigans and 98 hats to the charity for distribution to youngsters in Africa and disaster-hit countries. Now, the group has also been asked to start knitting school jumpers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to join the group or anyone wanting to donate wool can call Marilyn on 01275 876132.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 8 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport