Woman treated following gas leak

AN ELDERLY woman has been treated by paramedics following a gas leak at her Portishead home.

Fire crews were called to a property in Down Road at 8.40am this morning (Tues), where they isolated the gas supply and used fans to ventilate the house.

Firefighters also called an ambulance after discovering an 82-year-old woman had possibly inhaled some of the gas.

She is being cared for by paramedics, including a specialist trained in dealing with hazardous situations. She is being monitored to assess how much gas she may have inhaled before it is decided whether to take her to hospital.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter