Woman rescued from overturned car
A WOMAN in her 80s had to be rescued from an overturned car following an accident in Wraxall.
Firefighters were called to the scene in Wraxall Hill at 1.30pm on Thursday to free the woman who was trapped in a Chrysler car, which was on its roof.
The crew was able to turn the car over and used hydraulic cutting equipment to fold back the roof so they could reach the woman.
With the help of paramedics, the woman was put on to a spinal board and was taken to hospital with suspected leg, arm and chest injuries.
A second woman, in her 50s, was also in the car at the time of the accident but was able to get out safely before firefighters arrived.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed while the incident was dealt with.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 6 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 8 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport