Woman rescued from overturned car
A WOMAN in her 80s had to be rescued from an overturned car following an accident in Wraxall.
Firefighters were called to the scene in Wraxall Hill at 1.30pm on Thursday to free the woman who was trapped in a Chrysler car, which was on its roof.
The crew was able to turn the car over and used hydraulic cutting equipment to fold back the roof so they could reach the woman.
With the help of paramedics, the woman was put on to a spinal board and was taken to hospital with suspected leg, arm and chest injuries.
A second woman, in her 50s, was also in the car at the time of the accident but was able to get out safely before firefighters arrived.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed while the incident was dealt with.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 8 How to order free Covid home tests
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style