Woman rescued from overturned car
A WOMAN in her 80s had to be rescued from an overturned car following an accident in Wraxall.
Firefighters were called to the scene in Wraxall Hill at 1.30pm on Thursday to free the woman who was trapped in a Chrysler car, which was on its roof.
The crew was able to turn the car over and used hydraulic cutting equipment to fold back the roof so they could reach the woman.
With the help of paramedics, the woman was put on to a spinal board and was taken to hospital with suspected leg, arm and chest injuries.
A second woman, in her 50s, was also in the car at the time of the accident but was able to get out safely before firefighters arrived.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed while the incident was dealt with.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 4 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 8 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery