Woman rescued after wind fells tree and power line
A WOMAN had to be rescued from her car after a tree fell on a major A-road this morning (Fri), trapping her vehicle underneath it.
A live power line also fell, thought to be due to the strong gusts of wind, on the A370 at Brockley Combe at about 8.45am.
Police and ambulance crews were called to the scene and released the uninjured woman from her car.
The road is closed in both directions while Weston Power deal with the fallen power line, thought to still be live.
The closure affects those travelling to Bristol Airport, as well as some bus services travelling to Bristol.
You may also want to watch:
If you have been affected by the severe weather, send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to Weston.iwitness24.co.uk to upload your photos to our readers’ news site.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'