Woman in hospital after early hours assault
A WOMAN was taken to hospital after being assaulted in Clevedon in the early hours of this morning (Mon).
At about 5am police were called to reports of a disturbance in Newlands Green.
A woman living in the street had gone outside after she saw a man in her car parked outside.
When she went to challenge him he assaulted her.
She was taken to Bristol Royal Infirmary but her injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Police officers and scenes of crime officers have been at the scene throughout the day and a police cordon remains in place.
Police are keen to hear from any witnesses to in the incident – for example, people who may have been driving to work or walking their dog in the area at the time.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
Anyone with information is urged to contact Nailsea CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.