Woman in hospital after early hours assault
A WOMAN was taken to hospital after being assaulted in Clevedon in the early hours of this morning (Mon).
At about 5am police were called to reports of a disturbance in Newlands Green.
A woman living in the street had gone outside after she saw a man in her car parked outside.
When she went to challenge him he assaulted her.
She was taken to Bristol Royal Infirmary but her injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Police officers and scenes of crime officers have been at the scene throughout the day and a police cordon remains in place.
Police are keen to hear from any witnesses to in the incident – for example, people who may have been driving to work or walking their dog in the area at the time.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 7 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 8 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp
- 9 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
Anyone with information is urged to contact Nailsea CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.