Witnesses sought to cyclist’s death
WITNESSES are being sought following the death of an 80-year-old cyclist in Nailsea.
At about 1.05pm yesterday (Wed), the man was cycling straight across a mini-roundabout from Stockway North towards Silver Street when he was in a collision with a Ford Focus car.
He sustained serious head injuries and suffered a cardiac arrest before he died at the scene.
Paramedics were sent to treat the man, along with the back-up of the air ambulance, but they were unable to resuscitate him.
Officers investigating the incident are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the accident.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call the collision investigation unit on 101.
- 1 Cycling club using cameras to improve safety on roads
- 2 Baby Etta is first to be born at Clevedon MIU
- 3 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 4 'Inspiring' turnout for village's Great Big Green Day
- 5 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 6 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 7 Scholarship competition worth thousands of pounds launched to find area's next stars
- 8 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 9 Youth charity wins national accolade
- 10 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival