Witnesses sought to cyclist’s death
WITNESSES are being sought following the death of an 80-year-old cyclist in Nailsea.
At about 1.05pm yesterday (Wed), the man was cycling straight across a mini-roundabout from Stockway North towards Silver Street when he was in a collision with a Ford Focus car.
He sustained serious head injuries and suffered a cardiac arrest before he died at the scene.
Paramedics were sent to treat the man, along with the back-up of the air ambulance, but they were unable to resuscitate him.
Officers investigating the incident are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the accident.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call the collision investigation unit on 101.
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 3 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 4 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 5 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Plans for housing on Backwell fields take step forward