Witness appeal after train assault
- Credit: Archant
A WOMAN was assaulted and subjected to a torrent of abuse on a train travelling between Bristol and Nailsea and Backwell railway stations.
British Transport Police are appealing for the public’s help to identify two men they would like to speak to in connection with the incident which happened on February 8.
Officers have now released CCTV images of two men they are trying to trace.
Investigating officer, PC Matt Grieve, said: “A woman travelling on board the 8pm Cardiff Central – Taunton service reported to police that she was assaulted by two men who boarded the train at Bristol Temple Meads.
“The incident took place as the train travelled between Parson Street and Nailsea and Backwell station, between 9pm and 9.10pm.
You may also want to watch:
“The offenders also subjected the victim to a torrent of foul language and abuse before they got off the train at Nailsea and Backwell rail station.
“Enquiries are ongoing to trace those responsible, including viewing CCTV footage and speaking to witnesses.
- 1 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 2 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe
- 3 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 4 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 New bike shelter opened at Weston General Hospital for Clean Air Day
- 7 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 8 Portishead Summer Show announces 2021 dates
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Circus Funtasia comes to Clevedon
“Today, I am releasing CCTV images which show two men I would like to identify and speak to as I believe they will have information which can assist the investigation.
“If you know the men in these photographs, or their current whereabouts, please call BTP straight away.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the transport police on 0800 405040 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.