- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
MORE than £1,000 was raised toward a popular Clevedon event during a live music extravaganza on Saturday.
Winterfest took place at Campbell’s Landing pub in The Beach with 17 bands playing between noon and midnight.
It was organised by the same people who organise the soundstage for the Clevedon Marine Lake Festival, which is held every September at the town’s seafront and was started by voluntary group, MARLENS.
MARLENS president Joe Norman said: “This was a wonderful event for the people of Clevedon to start the 2013 music year.
“The talent available in and around North Somerset is truly amazing and we thank all 17 bands, organisers and the sound engineers for their generous support.
You may also want to watch:
“The money raised is a lifeline that helps the MARLENS team deliver our annual, festival every year and we hope to see many more people come back for the main event in September.”
- 1 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 2 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 3 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 4 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 5 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 6 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 7 Clevedon School orders year groups to self-isolate after Covid outbreak
- 8 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 9 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in North Somerset
- 10 Clevedon LTC launch new beginners groups