Win: Two tickets to Far from the Madding Crowd
- Credit: Supplied
A talented young actress with links to Clevedon features in Far from the Madding Crowd (12A) at the Curzon cinema this week, and we have two tickets to give away to one lucky reader.
Carey Mulligan, who filmed scenes on Clevedon Pier for 2010 film, Never Let Me Go, stars as the beautiful and headstrong Bathsheba Everdene who attracts a trio of very different potential suitors, including a sheep farmer (Matthias Schoenaerts), a handsome sergeant (Tom Sturridge) and a prosperous bachelor (Michael Sheen).
Bathsheba’s choices and passions delve deep into the nature of love and relationships as well as the human ability for people to get through difficult times with the help of resilience and perseverance.
Far from the Madding Crowd will receive its first Curzon screening on Friday at 7.30pm and will run until June 4.
As this great new film starts its week-long run two others reach the end of theirs, with Pitch Perfect 2 (12A) and Two by Two (U) receiving their final showings on tomorrow (Thursday) and Friday respectively.
You may also want to watch:
For full listings and to book tickets, visit www.curzon.org.uk or call the box office on 01275 871000.
To be in with a chance of winning two tickets to Far from the Madding Crowd, answer the question below by 9am on Monday.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 3 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 4 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 5 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 6 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 7 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 8 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 9 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final. By entering this competition you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant.