Win tickets to Magical Production
THE Times is offering readers the chance to win tickets to a magical production.
Matthew Bourne’s Nutcracker! follows last year’s hugely successful production of Cinderella at The Bristol Hippodrome.
This delicious theatrical feast has family-sized helpings of Matthew Bourne’s trademark wit, pathos and magical fantasy.
Nutcracker! follows Clara’s bittersweet journey from a hilariously-bleak Christmas Eve at Dr Dross’ Orphanage, through a shimmering, ice-skating winter wonderland to the scrumptious candy kingdom of Sweetieland.
Tchaikovsky’s glorious score and Anthony Ward’s delicious sets and costumes combine with sizzling choreography to create a fresh and charmingly irreverent interpretation of the traditional favourite.
You may also want to watch:
Directed and choreographed by Matthew Bourne, it is co-devised by Martin Duncan, with lighting design by Howard Harrison and sound design by Paul Groothuis.
Matthew Bourne is widely hailed as the UK’s most popular and successful choreographer and director.
- 1 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 2 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 5 Duck race raises £1,000 for children's hospice
- 6 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 7 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 8 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
He is the creator of the world’s longest running ballet production, a five-time Olivier Award winner, and the only British director to have won the Tony Award for both best choreographer and best director of a musical.
The production will be staged at The Bristol Hippodrome from April 17-21.
Tickets, priced �15.50-39, are available via www.bristolhippodrome.org.uk
n The Times has teamed up with The Bristol Hippodrome to offer three lucky readers the chance to win a pair of tickets to the show at 7.30pm on April 17.
To enter answer the following question by 9am on April 11: Who choreographed and directed the production?
Send your answer, along with your name and daytime telephone number to: Nutcracker Competition, North Somerset Times, 32, Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1LW. Alternatively click on the link at the top right of this story to enter.