Win tickets: Sleeping Beauty in Bristol
- Credit: Simon Annand.
THE World premier tour of Sleeping Beauty will visit the Bristol Hippodrome, and you could have the chance of winning tickets to the show.
The production sees choreographer Bourne return to the music of Tchaikovsky to complete the trio of the composer’s ballet masterworks that started in 1992 with Nutcracker and, most famously the international hit Swan Lake.
The new scenario introduces several characters and Princess Aurora’s romantic interest is not a Prince, but the royal gamekeeper, Leo.
Representing the central forces of good and evil are Count Lilac and the Dark Fairy Carabosse. In another innovation, Bourne has created the character of Caradoc, the sinister but charming son of Carabosse.
Creating the central role of Aurora in this new production are Hannah Vassallo and Ashley Shaw.
You may also want to watch:
Hannah co-created the role of Kim in New Adventures’ Edward Scissorhands, and has played leading roles in The Car Man, Nutcracker and Play Without Words.
Ashley made her debut with New Adventures in Swan Lake in 2009 and has since played the title role in Matthew Bourne’s Cinderella and Sugar in Nutcracker.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 3 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 4 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 5 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 6 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 7 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 8 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 9 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 10 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
Matthew Bourne’s haunting new scenario is a gothic tale for all ages; the traditional tale of good vs. evil and rebirth is turned upside-down, creating a supernatural love story.
Sleeping Beauty will be at the Hippodrome from May 7-11 at 7.30pm with a matinee on May 8 and 11 at 2.30pm. Tickets, priced £15-38.50, are available from the box office on 0844 8713012.
* The Times has teamed up with Bristol Hippodrome to offer two lucky readers the chance to win a pair of tickets to the show on May 7 at 7.30pm.
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets all you have to do is answer the following question: Who is the central character in Sleeping Beauty?
Send your answer, along with your name and a daytime telephone number to Sleeping Beauty competition, North Somerset Times, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1LW by 9am on April 18.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
Alternatively enter the competition by clicking on the link at the top right of this story.