Win tickets: International boxing in Clevedon
BIG-TIME boxing is coming to Clevedon with the announcement that Irish heavyweight champion Tyson Fury will contest his next fight at the Hand Arena and the Times has two pairs of tickets up for grabs.
Hennessy Sports, in association with Bristol-based Sanigar Events, have revealed the international boxing event will take place at the Davis Lane venue on July 7.
Fury will take on New York fighter Vinny Maddalone, who has won 35 of 43 fights.
Also taking part in the 10-fight night, which is set to be held in front of a 3,000-strong crowd, will be middleweight sensation Chris Eubank Jnr, who will be looking to extend his winning record to 5-0, and British champion Lee Haskins from Bristol, who will be challenging Darlington’s former British champion Stuart Hall for the vacant European Bantamweight title.
Hand Arena owner Nick Davies said: “This is a massive event and will be fantastic for the area.
You may also want to watch:
“This has got to be good for the spectators, the promoters and for ourselves - if we manage to tick all those boxes there is a good chance of this being repeated and maybe becoming a regular spot for this kind of thing.”
Tickets for the event, priced �30, are available from Sanigar Events on 0117 949 6699. The Hand Arena are also offering VIP tickets, which can be booked through Nick on 07850 239339 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 3 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 4 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 5 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 Woodspring Women in hunt for new players over the age of 16 to join their side
- 10 North Somerset Stars lose out to Cheltenham rivals
* The Times has teamed up with Hennessy Sports to give readers the chance to win two pairs of tickets to the event. All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is answer the following question: Which Bristol boxer will also be fighting at the Hand Arena on July 7?
To enter click on the link at the top right of this story. The closing date for entries is June 22.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.