WiFi and leather seats on new bus routes
- Credit: Archant
A BUS route between Portishead and Bristol will be replaced over the next few months by three new services with buses with free WiFi and leather seats.
The new X2, X3 and 23 services began on Sunday and follow a similar route to the old 347, 358 and 359. However, the X2 will operate via Pill for all journeys to and from Bristol and the X3 will miss Pill but serve Portbury Wharf on all journeys.
Bus operator First says the new route marks a significant improvement on the current service and new vehicles with WiFi and leather seats will come into service over the next few months.
Simon Ford, regional network manager for First in South West and Wales, said: “The changes being made to the services between Portishead and Bristol are really exciting.
“The new routes will offer customers more frequent, more consistent timetables and better buses.
You may also want to watch:
“They are positive developments which have been made possible through partnership working with North Somerset Council and the award of some funding from the Local Sustainable Transport Fund.”
- 1 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 2 Work to start on Nailsea housing development this summer
- 3 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 4 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Sprawling country house with grounds and outbuildings
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 9 North Somerset to host hot air balloon race
- 10 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset