What If...? - Mary’s latest humorous book
A PORTISHEAD author has released her third book examining life’s biggest question.
What If...? offers a humorous look at whether we were created or the result of a cosmic accident.
This is Mary Frances’ third book. The author, who turned 80 this year, has also written The Song of the Spinning Sun and Alice McGinty’s Goat, which have been a big success.
Mary, of Orchard Close, said: “I’ve been writing all my life. I always wanted to write a book but never really had the time to do it, so I’m making the most of it now.
“I want to write as many books as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Mary has taken on a wide range of jobs over the years which include working as a Bristol City Councillor, freelance journalist, legal secretary, estate agent and she has even owned her own art and design business.
Mary has travelled extensively and says she has so much life experience that she wants to share what she has learnt with others. She said: “I’ve led a colourful life and have been around the world. I’ve covered a lot of ground, met a lot of people and made a hell of a lot of mistakes. Everything inspires me to write.”
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 9 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset