Wetherspoon pub opening
A POPULAR Nailsea pub will re-open its doors next month after a �1.3million revamp.
The Glassmaker, originally The Glasshouse, is now owned by national pub chain JD Wetherspoon, which has been busy extending and completely refitting the Crown Glass Place pub.
It will re-open on April 3, creating 40 new jobs, including its manager Siobhain Sincock.
Hours of business will be from 8am-midnight Sunday to Thursday and 8am-1am Friday and Saturday, with food being served until 10pm.
The wheelchair-friendly pub will welcome children until 9pm during the week if their parents are eating and it will specialise in real ales.
You may also want to watch:
Photos, local history artwork and information boards will be displayed inside, with commissioned glass mosaic pieces and a bottle wall in the beer garden.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans