Model aircraft club to host open weekend for charity
- Credit: Archant
Model aeroplanes will take to the skies this weekend.
Avon Model Aircraft Radio Club (AMARC), based in Weston-in-Gordano, is holding an open weekend in Cadbury Lane fields tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday from 10am-5pm.
There will be both static and aerial displays taking place, while a flight simulator for prospective pilots will be on site.
A bring, buy, swap and meet for model aircraft will also take place on the helipad.
A barbecue will be fired up and hot drinks will be served.
You may also want to watch:
There will be no entrance fee for the festival and parking for the event is free.
AMARC supports the Great Western Air Ambulance Charity and contributions will be welcomed .
- 1 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 2 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 5 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 6 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Flying club to stage 24-hour flight simulation for charity
- 9 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 10 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
People are welcome to practice their skills and those wishing to join the club can do so at the field and a reduction in fees will be offered.
For more information about the open weekend event or AMARC's activities, contact Keith Wilson on 07894 204310.