Wellness centre opens in Nailsea
A ONE-STOP shop for health and beauty needs has opened in Nailsea – despite a pigeon problem stopping the signs going up.
Refresh Wellness Centre, in Clevedon Walk, was the brainchild of qualified beauty therapist Julie Cashman, who outgrew her previous premises but did not need all seven rooms at her new building, next to the back entrance of Bristol Water.
Her partner, Simon Ling, suggested they rent out some of the units to similar companies and the couple soon had 120 people interested.
He said: “Now clients can walk in for a massage and end up getting their legs waxed and see a chiropodist at the same time.
“And it’s not just for women, we are open to men too.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s definitely a feel-good place.”
The opening was hampered by nesting pigeons which could not be disturbed, costing the business �600.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans