Website hits out on hot topics
A WEBSITE has been created hitting out at the actions of Portishead councillors and the local press.
Called Posset Pie, the site has been set-up to reveal information regarding some hot topics of interest to people in the town.
This includes the skate park project, efforts to install new equipment at the Lake Grounds, a lack of primary school place provision, proposals to introduce parking charges on some of the town’s streets and also plans to introduce charges at the marina car park.
The site questions decisions and statements made by councillors during a range of different committees and meetings and also the coverage given to such issues in the local press.
On its homepage, which can be found at www.quargo.co.uk, the website says: “There really shouldn’t be a need for websites of this type in an open, honest, democratic society.”
You may also want to watch:
It adds: “This site is in its infancy due to the masses of paperwork, Freedom of Information documents, emails and other factual evidence to sort through to guarantee that anything posted on this site can be fully supported by documentation.”
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 3 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 4 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 5 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 6 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 7 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
- 8 Nailsea & Backwell RFC thrash Stothert & Pitt to make it four wins from four
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season