Website hits out on hot topics
A WEBSITE has been created hitting out at the actions of Portishead councillors and the local press.
Called Posset Pie, the site has been set-up to reveal information regarding some hot topics of interest to people in the town.
This includes the skate park project, efforts to install new equipment at the Lake Grounds, a lack of primary school place provision, proposals to introduce parking charges on some of the town’s streets and also plans to introduce charges at the marina car park.
The site questions decisions and statements made by councillors during a range of different committees and meetings and also the coverage given to such issues in the local press.
On its homepage, which can be found at www.quargo.co.uk, the website says: “There really shouldn’t be a need for websites of this type in an open, honest, democratic society.”
You may also want to watch:
It adds: “This site is in its infancy due to the masses of paperwork, Freedom of Information documents, emails and other factual evidence to sort through to guarantee that anything posted on this site can be fully supported by documentation.”
- 1 Plans for housing on Backwell fields take step forward
- 2 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 3 Clevedon man to cycle 'own Tour De France' for breast cancer charity
- 4 Popular community centre café closes
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 Circus Zyair is coming to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Events taking place across North Somerset
- 8 Hundreds take part in sponsored walk to raise money for charities
- 9 Valley Fest to go ahead with Texas as headliner
- 10 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts