Weather warning issued with 70mph gales forecast
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office is advising people to take care when in coastal locations today (Thursday) with strong winds predicted to batter North Somerset.
It has issued a weather warning for strong winds which will last until 5pm.
A spokesman said: “A brief spell of very strong winds is expected as a line of heavy rain moves eastwards over the UK during Thursday afternoon.
“While most places will miss the worst a few spots may see gusts in excess of 70mph.
“Please be aware of a very low likelihood of disruption, primarily to travel, from falling trees and debris.
You may also want to watch:
“An area of rainfall moving eastwards is associated with some very strong and squally winds.
“The strongest winds are very localised so many places will not see disruption.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 3 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Green light for active travel scheme
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 9 Charming period house with pretty gardens and coastal views
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week