Weather warning issued with 70mph gales forecast
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office is advising people to take care when in coastal locations today (Thursday) with strong winds predicted to batter North Somerset.
It has issued a weather warning for strong winds which will last until 5pm.
A spokesman said: “A brief spell of very strong winds is expected as a line of heavy rain moves eastwards over the UK during Thursday afternoon.
“While most places will miss the worst a few spots may see gusts in excess of 70mph.
“Please be aware of a very low likelihood of disruption, primarily to travel, from falling trees and debris.
You may also want to watch:
“An area of rainfall moving eastwards is associated with some very strong and squally winds.
“The strongest winds are very localised so many places will not see disruption.”
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 4 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 5 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 6 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 Portishead furniture maker features in new BBC TV series
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches