Weather warning issued for North Somerset this weekend
- Credit: citizenside.com
North Somerset’s week of unsettled weather is set to continue tomorrow (Saturday) after the Met Office issued a warning.
A yellow warning is in place from 4am-9pm, with North Somerset set to be battered by gusts ranging from 50-70mph.
North Somerset has endured wet and blustery conditions for several days which show no sign of relenting just yet.
A Met Office spokesman said: “A spell of strong winds is expected to affect southern UK, the strongest winds adjacent to coasts in the west and south.
“It’s likely some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities will be affected by spray and large waves.
You may also want to watch:
“Delays to public transport are likely, with longer journey times for rail and bus services.
“Difficult driving conditions are possible, with delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges the main concern.”
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'