Weather warning issued for North Somerset this weekend
- Credit: citizenside.com
North Somerset’s week of unsettled weather is set to continue tomorrow (Saturday) after the Met Office issued a warning.
A yellow warning is in place from 4am-9pm, with North Somerset set to be battered by gusts ranging from 50-70mph.
North Somerset has endured wet and blustery conditions for several days which show no sign of relenting just yet.
A Met Office spokesman said: “A spell of strong winds is expected to affect southern UK, the strongest winds adjacent to coasts in the west and south.
“It’s likely some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities will be affected by spray and large waves.
You may also want to watch:
“Delays to public transport are likely, with longer journey times for rail and bus services.
“Difficult driving conditions are possible, with delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges the main concern.”
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 9 Camera club wants new members to join
- 10 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village