Weather warning issued for North Somerset this weekend
- Credit: citizenside.com
North Somerset’s week of unsettled weather is set to continue tomorrow (Saturday) after the Met Office issued a warning.
A yellow warning is in place from 4am-9pm, with North Somerset set to be battered by gusts ranging from 50-70mph.
North Somerset has endured wet and blustery conditions for several days which show no sign of relenting just yet.
A Met Office spokesman said: “A spell of strong winds is expected to affect southern UK, the strongest winds adjacent to coasts in the west and south.
“It’s likely some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities will be affected by spray and large waves.
You may also want to watch:
“Delays to public transport are likely, with longer journey times for rail and bus services.
“Difficult driving conditions are possible, with delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges the main concern.”
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 4 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 7 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 8 How to order free Covid home tests
- 9 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 10 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset