Weather warning issued by Met Office ahead of freezing temperatures
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being warned to take extra care tonight (Friday) and tomorrow (Saturday) with ice as temperatures are due to plummet overnight.
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for North Somerset with conditions expected to be tricky for drivers from 4pm today.
The warning will remain in place until tomorrow lunchtime.
North Somerset Council has already announced that its gritters will be out treating road surfaces this evening.
The Met Office says: “Ice is likely to form on untreated surfaces especially where showers of sleet, snow and hail occur. An estimated 2-4cm of snow may affect low-lying areas of Scotland, with 5-10cm over higher ground. Elsewhere (including the South West), 1-2cm is locally possible.
“This may lead to the risk of disruption with difficult driving conditions and expect longer journey times.”
- 1 Portishead teachers WILL strike over workload dispute
- 2 Residents fear new homes between Nailsea and Backwell could 'open the floodgates'
- 3 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 4 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 7 Contemporary four-bedroom home packed with latest tech
- 8 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 9 'Accidental' house fire sees fire crews called out
- 10 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports