Weather warning issued by Met Office ahead of freezing temperatures
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being warned to take extra care tonight (Friday) and tomorrow (Saturday) with ice as temperatures are due to plummet overnight.
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for North Somerset with conditions expected to be tricky for drivers from 4pm today.
The warning will remain in place until tomorrow lunchtime.
North Somerset Council has already announced that its gritters will be out treating road surfaces this evening.
The Met Office says: “Ice is likely to form on untreated surfaces especially where showers of sleet, snow and hail occur. An estimated 2-4cm of snow may affect low-lying areas of Scotland, with 5-10cm over higher ground. Elsewhere (including the South West), 1-2cm is locally possible.
You may also want to watch:
“This may lead to the risk of disruption with difficult driving conditions and expect longer journey times.”
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 6 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 7 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 8 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 9 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches