Weather warning issued by Met Office ahead of freezing temperatures
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being warned to take extra care tonight (Friday) and tomorrow (Saturday) with ice as temperatures are due to plummet overnight.
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for North Somerset with conditions expected to be tricky for drivers from 4pm today.
The warning will remain in place until tomorrow lunchtime.
North Somerset Council has already announced that its gritters will be out treating road surfaces this evening.
The Met Office says: “Ice is likely to form on untreated surfaces especially where showers of sleet, snow and hail occur. An estimated 2-4cm of snow may affect low-lying areas of Scotland, with 5-10cm over higher ground. Elsewhere (including the South West), 1-2cm is locally possible.
You may also want to watch:
“This may lead to the risk of disruption with difficult driving conditions and expect longer journey times.”
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 4 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery