Weather warning issued by Met Office ahead of freezing temperatures
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being warned to take extra care tonight (Friday) and tomorrow (Saturday) with ice as temperatures are due to plummet overnight.
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for North Somerset with conditions expected to be tricky for drivers from 4pm today.
The warning will remain in place until tomorrow lunchtime.
North Somerset Council has already announced that its gritters will be out treating road surfaces this evening.
The Met Office says: “Ice is likely to form on untreated surfaces especially where showers of sleet, snow and hail occur. An estimated 2-4cm of snow may affect low-lying areas of Scotland, with 5-10cm over higher ground. Elsewhere (including the South West), 1-2cm is locally possible.
You may also want to watch:
“This may lead to the risk of disruption with difficult driving conditions and expect longer journey times.”
- 1 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 6 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 7 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon return to top of WEPL table with win over Lansdown
- 10 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse