Weather hits weekend events
TWO community events planned for this weekend have fallen victim of the weather.
Wraxall Primary School was due to hold its summer fair on Friday afternoon but its notorious slopping field has failed to cope with the recent wet weather.
The fun-filled afternoon will now go ahead at 4pm on June 29.
And in Cleeve the village Olympics similarly was beaten by the heavy rain, which left organiser John Chilcott with little open put to postpone.
The King George V Playing Fields were set to play host to the special event featuring races, games and stalls on Saturday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
But he promised they would try all they could to make sure it goes ahead later in the year and said he was hopeful of re-arranging it for July.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 5 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 6 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp