Weather hits weekend events
TWO community events planned for this weekend have fallen victim of the weather.
Wraxall Primary School was due to hold its summer fair on Friday afternoon but its notorious slopping field has failed to cope with the recent wet weather.
The fun-filled afternoon will now go ahead at 4pm on June 29.
And in Cleeve the village Olympics similarly was beaten by the heavy rain, which left organiser John Chilcott with little open put to postpone.
The King George V Playing Fields were set to play host to the special event featuring races, games and stalls on Saturday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
But he promised they would try all they could to make sure it goes ahead later in the year and said he was hopeful of re-arranging it for July.
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 6 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 9 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 10 Charity launches cream tea fundraiser