Weather hits weekend events
TWO community events planned for this weekend have fallen victim of the weather.
Wraxall Primary School was due to hold its summer fair on Friday afternoon but its notorious slopping field has failed to cope with the recent wet weather.
The fun-filled afternoon will now go ahead at 4pm on June 29.
And in Cleeve the village Olympics similarly was beaten by the heavy rain, which left organiser John Chilcott with little open put to postpone.
The King George V Playing Fields were set to play host to the special event featuring races, games and stalls on Saturday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
But he promised they would try all they could to make sure it goes ahead later in the year and said he was hopeful of re-arranging it for July.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 3 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 6 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 7 Police commissioner proposes rise in policing part of tax bill
- 8 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 9 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 10 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool