Weather hits weekend events
TWO community events planned for this weekend have fallen victim of the weather.
Wraxall Primary School was due to hold its summer fair on Friday afternoon but its notorious slopping field has failed to cope with the recent wet weather.
The fun-filled afternoon will now go ahead at 4pm on June 29.
And in Cleeve the village Olympics similarly was beaten by the heavy rain, which left organiser John Chilcott with little open put to postpone.
The King George V Playing Fields were set to play host to the special event featuring races, games and stalls on Saturday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
But he promised they would try all they could to make sure it goes ahead later in the year and said he was hopeful of re-arranging it for July.
- 1 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 2 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 3 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 6 New officer verification process introduced by police
- 7 Driving group needs more volunteers
- 8 Camera club wants new members to join
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea