Weather continues to disrupt
CLEVEDON’S Pier will be closed throughout today (Fri) due to the bad weather which is causing huge waves to come over the town’s sea wall.
The road running along the seafront, The Beach, has also been closed to traffic as a result of the high winds and waves.
Pier mistress Linda Strong said: “I’ve never seen it this bad in the seven years I have been here. It has been a horrendous morning.
“The police have been inundated with calls and we have helped them with closing the road off.
“When I arrived this morning, hoarding which had been on the Royal Pier Hotel building was also blocking the road.”
You may also want to watch:
* The Times has also received reports that the bad weather has caused Portishead Open Air Pool to be closed temporarily and a section of Beach Hill in Portishead to be closed due to damage to the road surface.
* Call the newsdesk on 01934 422656 if you know of any more weather-related incidents in the area. If you have any photos of how the weather is affecting our area they can be emailed to us at email@example.com
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 6 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 10 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships