Weather continues to disrupt
CLEVEDON’S Pier will be closed throughout today (Fri) due to the bad weather which is causing huge waves to come over the town’s sea wall.
The road running along the seafront, The Beach, has also been closed to traffic as a result of the high winds and waves.
Pier mistress Linda Strong said: “I’ve never seen it this bad in the seven years I have been here. It has been a horrendous morning.
“The police have been inundated with calls and we have helped them with closing the road off.
“When I arrived this morning, hoarding which had been on the Royal Pier Hotel building was also blocking the road.”
You may also want to watch:
* The Times has also received reports that the bad weather has caused Portishead Open Air Pool to be closed temporarily and a section of Beach Hill in Portishead to be closed due to damage to the road surface.
* Call the newsdesk on 01934 422656 if you know of any more weather-related incidents in the area. If you have any photos of how the weather is affecting our area they can be emailed to us at email@example.com
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Portishead garden protected from development
- 5 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 6 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 7 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 8 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Clevedon woman's life saved by local 'heroes' after fall