Weather continues to disrupt
CLEVEDON’S Pier will be closed throughout today (Fri) due to the bad weather which is causing huge waves to come over the town’s sea wall.
The road running along the seafront, The Beach, has also been closed to traffic as a result of the high winds and waves.
Pier mistress Linda Strong said: “I’ve never seen it this bad in the seven years I have been here. It has been a horrendous morning.
“The police have been inundated with calls and we have helped them with closing the road off.
“When I arrived this morning, hoarding which had been on the Royal Pier Hotel building was also blocking the road.”
You may also want to watch:
* The Times has also received reports that the bad weather has caused Portishead Open Air Pool to be closed temporarily and a section of Beach Hill in Portishead to be closed due to damage to the road surface.
* Call the newsdesk on 01934 422656 if you know of any more weather-related incidents in the area. If you have any photos of how the weather is affecting our area they can be emailed to us at email@example.com
- 1 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 2 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
- 8 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 9 Best scenic dog walks in North Somerset and Somerset
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads