Waste collection points set up following bad weather
ADDITIONAL waste collection points have been set up by North Somerset Council due to the disruption caused by recent severe weather.
Residents will be able to drop off waste and food waste at venues in the district tomorrow (Thurs) and on Friday, Monday and Tuesday.
The drop-off points will be at The Barn in Great Western Road, Clevedon, Clevedon Road Car Park in Nailsea and the site of a new library in Portishead by Waitrose Garage in Harbour Road.
Residents should drop their waste sacks and food waste off at these points between 10am-3.30pm when waste collection workers and vehicles will be available.
The council is asking residents not to leave waste at these sites outside of these times as this will be treated as fly tipping, which may lead to prosecution.
You may also want to watch:
The household waste and recycling centres will also be available as normal for anyone who wishes to take their refuse and recyclable waste along.
These are at Coles Quarry in Backwell and Black Rock in Portishead, and are open from 8am-4.30pm until the weekend.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 5 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway
There are also recycling banks around the district. Residents can find their nearest one online at www.n-somerset.gov.uk/recyclingbanks
Collection crews will continue their efforts to catch up on missed waste collections this week.
Residents are advised to leave their wheeled bins or sacks out for collection, but to take their recycling boxes and food waste caddies back in until their next scheduled collection day.
Waste and recycling collections will also go ahead on all three Christmas and New Year bank holidays.