Wanted: Glamorous donations
GLAMOROUS donations are being sought to help raise funds for a voluntary community group.
Clevedon Pride plans to hold an accessories stall at the MARLENS Marine Lake Festival at Clevedon’s Salthouse Fields on September 16 and members are hoping residents will be generous in donating unwanted handbags, scarves and jewellery for resale.
Last year, a similar sale of handbags raised �1,200 for the group, which helps provide floral displays and Christmas lights in the town.
Clevedon Pride member Julie Bisacre said: “People were very generous last year and we had amazing support with the handbag sale.
“It was such a great atmosphere at the Marlens Festival – even though it rained – hundreds of people came out and made the event a total success. We are sincerely hoping they will be generous once again.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with donations can call 01275 871591 or 870302 for their items to be collected.
- 1 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 2 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 3 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 5 Have your say about possible development surrounding Weston Big Wood
- 6 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 7 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 8 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 9 ‘You’ve been flamingoed!”
- 10 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal