Stories inspire floral displays at Walton-in-Gordano church
- Credit: Archant
Children’s books were brought to life in a whole new way in a village church this weekend.
St Paul’s Church, in Walton-in-Gordano, hosted a flower festival over the bank holiday weekend.
Entries were submitted to fit a My Favourite Story theme.
The displays focused on some well-known children’s books, including The Wind In The Willows and The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
The poem The Owl And The Pussycat and Disney film Bambi were also used as inspiration for some floral designs.
The church was open daily for people to see the displays, and ploughman’s lunches and cream teas were also available.
People travelled from Clevedon and Portishead to view the arrangements.
- 1 Skate park fundraiser reaches £27,000 - but needs YOUR help
- 2 Backwell solar energy company to expand into Clevedon
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 More than 20 people fined for discarding fags and off-lead dogs
- 5 Woman dies after collision in Clevedon
- 6 Petition launched to halt planned bus cuts in North Somerset
- 7 Weather warning issued for thunderstorms across Somerset
- 8 Portishead Town silence Telephones to take over at top of table
- 9 Weston MP slams council for bus cuts in North Somerset
- 10 Deal means Portishead to Bristol rail line will open in 2026
The church will also be opening its doors on September 8-9 and 15-16 to coincide with the Gordano Open Days.
Guided tours will take place from 11am-6pm, or people can look around themselves.