Walkers urged to help collect cash
ENERGETIC fund-raisers in North Somerset are being encouraged to take part in a Midnight Walk to collect vital cash for a worthwhile cause.
The St Peter’s Hospice Midnight Walk will be held in Bristol on July 9 and will see women walking for 10 miles through the city.
Last year, 1,500 women took part in the event and it is hoped even more will do so this year.
However, the number of people who have registered to take part is currently down compared to last year.
Head of fund-raising Jo Gibbons said: “Age and fitness really doesn’t matter with this event - everyone can get involved. Sign-up with family, friends and colleagues and make a night of it.”
You may also want to watch:
For more details or to register visit www.stpetershospice.org.uk/midnight-walk
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 4 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery