Walkers urged to help collect cash
ENERGETIC fund-raisers in North Somerset are being encouraged to take part in a Midnight Walk to collect vital cash for a worthwhile cause.
The St Peter’s Hospice Midnight Walk will be held in Bristol on July 9 and will see women walking for 10 miles through the city.
Last year, 1,500 women took part in the event and it is hoped even more will do so this year.
However, the number of people who have registered to take part is currently down compared to last year.
Head of fund-raising Jo Gibbons said: “Age and fitness really doesn’t matter with this event - everyone can get involved. Sign-up with family, friends and colleagues and make a night of it.”
You may also want to watch:
For more details or to register visit www.stpetershospice.org.uk/midnight-walk
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 8 How to order free Covid home tests
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style