Walkers urged to help collect cash
ENERGETIC fund-raisers in North Somerset are being encouraged to take part in a Midnight Walk to collect vital cash for a worthwhile cause.
The St Peter’s Hospice Midnight Walk will be held in Bristol on July 9 and will see women walking for 10 miles through the city.
Last year, 1,500 women took part in the event and it is hoped even more will do so this year.
However, the number of people who have registered to take part is currently down compared to last year.
Head of fund-raising Jo Gibbons said: “Age and fitness really doesn’t matter with this event - everyone can get involved. Sign-up with family, friends and colleagues and make a night of it.”
For more details or to register visit www.stpetershospice.org.uk/midnight-walk
- 1 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 2 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 3 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
- 4 Appeal launched to save town's Christmas light displays
- 5 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 6 Geocaching added to Nailsea Heritage Trail
- 7 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend
- 8 New Clevedon charity is helping to create the scientists of the future
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Olivier Award-winning play screening in Clevedon
- 10 Legal challenge over plans to dump dredging waste off Portishead