Walkers urged to help collect cash
ENERGETIC fund-raisers in North Somerset are being encouraged to take part in a Midnight Walk to collect vital cash for a worthwhile cause.
The St Peter’s Hospice Midnight Walk will be held in Bristol on July 9 and will see women walking for 10 miles through the city.
Last year, 1,500 women took part in the event and it is hoped even more will do so this year.
However, the number of people who have registered to take part is currently down compared to last year.
Head of fund-raising Jo Gibbons said: “Age and fitness really doesn’t matter with this event - everyone can get involved. Sign-up with family, friends and colleagues and make a night of it.”
You may also want to watch:
For more details or to register visit www.stpetershospice.org.uk/midnight-walk
- 1 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 6 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 7 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon return to top of WEPL table with win over Lansdown
- 10 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse