Vote for the Golden Oldies
A GROUP of Portishead senior citizens are appealing to the public to help them win a National Lottery Award.
They are members of Golden Oldies, a charity which uses music to brighten the lives of the elderly across the South West.
This year the organisation ran a project called Jubilee Time after Time, which encouraged schools to open their doors to the elderly in their communities and involve them in Jubilee-themed projects, including lots of singing.
The project is now one of three finalists in the educational category of the National Lottery Awards 2012, which are open to projects which have received lottery funding and the winner from each category will receive a further �2,000 towards its work.
A spokesman for the Portishead group said: “We are proud to be a part of this project and hope the people of North Somerset will pick up their phones and vote for us.”
You may also want to watch:
Voting closes at midnight on October 28. To vote, call 0844 836 9685 or go to www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/awards
- 1 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 2 Work to start on Nailsea housing development this summer
- 3 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 4 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Sprawling country house with grounds and outbuildings
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 9 North Somerset to host hot air balloon race
- 10 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset