Volunteers needed for reading challenge
VOLUNTEERS are being sought to help run a summer reading challenge in North Somerset libraries.
Children aged four to 12 are asked to read six books and discuss their reading with staff and volunteers.
Volunteers are needed from July 6 to September 16 at the libraries in Clevedon, Nailsea, Portishead and Yatton.
They will be asked to give a minimum of 12 hours plus two hours of training.
Volunteers will help register children, discuss their reading, hand out incentives and help them pick which books to read.
You may also want to watch:
A CRB check is required and volunteers must be 16 or over.
For more details call Sarah Hobbs by April 14 on 01934 426020 or email email@example.com
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 8 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend