Walk leaders awarded for inspiring others
- Credit: Archant
‘Inspirational volunteers’ have been awarded for leading walks across North Somerset.
The leaders of the North Somerset Health walks have won the Ramblers' inspiring walkers volunteers award.
The award recognises inspirational volunteers who have helped, encouraged and supported others to start walking or keep active.
Health walks are organised by North Somerset Council and provide short, sociable walks for more than 400 people each week.
North Somerset Council's sport and active lifestyles officer, Kira Thorpe, said: "I want to fully acknowledge all of the volunteers across all of the health walk groups.
You may also want to watch:
"This award is very much deserved and reflects the ongoing commitment and enthusiasm of all the volunteers over the past 11 years.
"Every volunteer has something unique to give; they provide a supportive environment for anyone who wishes to make a difference to their health by getting more active."
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 3 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 4 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 5 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 Further delays for rail project
- 8 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 9 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 10 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis