Walk leaders awarded for inspiring others
- Credit: Archant
‘Inspirational volunteers’ have been awarded for leading walks across North Somerset.
The leaders of the North Somerset Health walks have won the Ramblers' inspiring walkers volunteers award.
The award recognises inspirational volunteers who have helped, encouraged and supported others to start walking or keep active.
Health walks are organised by North Somerset Council and provide short, sociable walks for more than 400 people each week.
North Somerset Council's sport and active lifestyles officer, Kira Thorpe, said: "I want to fully acknowledge all of the volunteers across all of the health walk groups.
You may also want to watch:
"This award is very much deserved and reflects the ongoing commitment and enthusiasm of all the volunteers over the past 11 years.
"Every volunteer has something unique to give; they provide a supportive environment for anyone who wishes to make a difference to their health by getting more active."
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 3 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 4 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 Clevedon United Girls under-nines pass on thanks to their sponsors
- 7 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 8 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 9 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 10 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime