Nailsea runs virtual Christmas fair
- Credit: Nailsea Community Group
A virtual Christmas fair is taking part in Nailsea this year to support independent traders.
The town's calendar is normally packed with craft fairs and markets in the run up to Christmas, but due to the pandemic Nailsea Community Group decided to run a virtual event.
A spokesman for the event said: "The Nailsea community has once again pulled together this time to support local and independent traders over the Christmas period.
"At this time of year there are normally numerous craft fairs and markets but with everything on hold the Nailsea Community Group has set up its own virtual Christmas Market on Facebook.
"It has gone from strength to strength with over 115 virtual pitches and fast approaching 1,700 members."
Shoppers can pick up a variety of items ranging from Christmas cards, candles and decorations to jewellery, sweets and upcycled goods.
Local schools, churches and community groups are also taking part.
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 3 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 4 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 Clevedon United Girls under-nines pass on thanks to their sponsors
- 7 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 8 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 9 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 10 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
Buys comment on the items they would like and the seller organises a socially distanced delivery.
Entrance to the fair, which runs until December 18, is free.
To take part, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find the event on Facebook at Nailsea Community Virtual Christmas Fair.