Village mourns rock ‘n’ roll fundraiser
AN AVID fundraiser from Pill who raised more than �35,000 for charity died suddenly last Wednesday.
Dave Clarke, known to his friends as Chalky, of South Grove, Pill, died of heart failure on November 7.
Dave, aged 70, was an avid fundraiser for many charities for over 17 years, but Children’s Hospice South West and St Peter’s Hospice were close to his heart after he worked as a civil engineer on one of their sites and he raised more than �35,000 for the causes.
Much of the money raised was through charity rock ‘n’ roll dances at Pill Memorial Club.
Dave also helped to raise money for a defibrillator for the memorial hall earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
Dave lived in Pill his whole life and will be sorely missed by the rock ‘n’ roll community and his extensive family in the area.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?