Village mourns rock ‘n’ roll fundraiser
AN AVID fundraiser from Pill who raised more than �35,000 for charity died suddenly last Wednesday.
Dave Clarke, known to his friends as Chalky, of South Grove, Pill, died of heart failure on November 7.
Dave, aged 70, was an avid fundraiser for many charities for over 17 years, but Children’s Hospice South West and St Peter’s Hospice were close to his heart after he worked as a civil engineer on one of their sites and he raised more than �35,000 for the causes.
Much of the money raised was through charity rock ‘n’ roll dances at Pill Memorial Club.
Dave also helped to raise money for a defibrillator for the memorial hall earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
Dave lived in Pill his whole life and will be sorely missed by the rock ‘n’ roll community and his extensive family in the area.
- 1 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 2 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 3 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 4 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 5 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice
- 6 PICTURES: Backwell School throws leavers festival
- 7 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 10 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats