Victorian theme for village market
A VICTORIAN theme will take over the monthly market in Tickenham to mark the 160th anniversary of the village school.
The Tickenham Village Market is run and organised by parents and friends of Tickenham Primary School to raise funds to directly benefit its pupils.
To be held in the village hall in Clevedon Road from 9.30am to noon on Saturday, the market will be visited by North Somerset MP Dr Liam Fox at 10.30am.
The products on sale will include John’s delicious hams freshly carved to order, Joyce’s jams and pickles, cakes and tasty treats on the school-ran cake stall, brand named cosmetics, bric-a-brac, jewellery, Brinkton Bakehouse’s breads, Jackland’s Trout Farm’s fish, fresh locally-made produce, gift wrap, greeting cards, eggs and cheese.
Visitors to the market can also get their car washed to help toward a fundraising project.
You may also want to watch:
The Tickenham Village Market is held every second Saturday of the month at the same time and venue.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 4 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery