Victorian theme for village market
A VICTORIAN theme will take over the monthly market in Tickenham to mark the 160th anniversary of the village school.
The Tickenham Village Market is run and organised by parents and friends of Tickenham Primary School to raise funds to directly benefit its pupils.
To be held in the village hall in Clevedon Road from 9.30am to noon on Saturday, the market will be visited by North Somerset MP Dr Liam Fox at 10.30am.
The products on sale will include John’s delicious hams freshly carved to order, Joyce’s jams and pickles, cakes and tasty treats on the school-ran cake stall, brand named cosmetics, bric-a-brac, jewellery, Brinkton Bakehouse’s breads, Jackland’s Trout Farm’s fish, fresh locally-made produce, gift wrap, greeting cards, eggs and cheese.
Visitors to the market can also get their car washed to help toward a fundraising project.
You may also want to watch:
The Tickenham Village Market is held every second Saturday of the month at the same time and venue.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 3 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 4 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 5 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 6 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 7 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 8 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 9 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport
- 10 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved