Victorian theme for village market
A VICTORIAN theme will take over the monthly market in Tickenham to mark the 160th anniversary of the village school.
The Tickenham Village Market is run and organised by parents and friends of Tickenham Primary School to raise funds to directly benefit its pupils.
To be held in the village hall in Clevedon Road from 9.30am to noon on Saturday, the market will be visited by North Somerset MP Dr Liam Fox at 10.30am.
The products on sale will include John’s delicious hams freshly carved to order, Joyce’s jams and pickles, cakes and tasty treats on the school-ran cake stall, brand named cosmetics, bric-a-brac, jewellery, Brinkton Bakehouse’s breads, Jackland’s Trout Farm’s fish, fresh locally-made produce, gift wrap, greeting cards, eggs and cheese.
Visitors to the market can also get their car washed to help toward a fundraising project.
The Tickenham Village Market is held every second Saturday of the month at the same time and venue.
- 1 Portishead teachers WILL strike over workload dispute
- 2 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 3 Residents fear new homes between Nailsea and Backwell could 'open the floodgates'
- 4 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 7 'Accidental' house fire sees fire crews called out
- 8 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 9 Contemporary four-bedroom home packed with latest tech
- 10 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports