Victorian theme for village market
A VICTORIAN theme will take over the monthly market in Tickenham to mark the 160th anniversary of the village school.
The Tickenham Village Market is run and organised by parents and friends of Tickenham Primary School to raise funds to directly benefit its pupils.
To be held in the village hall in Clevedon Road from 9.30am to noon on Saturday, the market will be visited by North Somerset MP Dr Liam Fox at 10.30am.
The products on sale will include John’s delicious hams freshly carved to order, Joyce’s jams and pickles, cakes and tasty treats on the school-ran cake stall, brand named cosmetics, bric-a-brac, jewellery, Brinkton Bakehouse’s breads, Jackland’s Trout Farm’s fish, fresh locally-made produce, gift wrap, greeting cards, eggs and cheese.
Visitors to the market can also get their car washed to help toward a fundraising project.
You may also want to watch:
The Tickenham Village Market is held every second Saturday of the month at the same time and venue.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans