Vet nurse sets up dog walking business
A VETERINARY nurse has given up her 30-year career to set up a dog walking business.
Bev Summerell, aged 50, from Nailsea, who worked at Golden Valley Vets for 17 years, yearned for a slower pace of life with more time spent in the great outdoors when she set up Muddy Mutts at the end of last year.
The mother-of-two also offers a house sitting service to look after pets while their owners are away and will use her skills to administer medication or nail clipping when needed.
Former Essex girl Bev, who also worked for Susan Yeo, in Backwell, for 12 years, said: “It’s a big step and is very nerve wracking but life’s too short not to give it a go.
“I wanted to try something different and just hope I can get it off the ground.”
The Greenslade Gardens resident already has one permanent client, as well as a few casual ones.
She has also had flyers printed and plans to set up a website.
- 1 Cross-party support for Liam Fox's 'landmark' Downs Syndrome Bill
- 2 Portishead teachers WILL strike over workload dispute
- 3 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 4 More than 2,500 new homes north of Banwell in Local Plan draft
- 5 Price's heroics secure Ashton & Backwell United successive wins
- 6 Parking restrictions plaguing Clevedon residents' everyday lives
- 7 WATCH: Stunning 40-yard 'goal of the season' for Clevedon Town earns praise from FIFA
- 8 Sainsbury's propose 9,000 sq.ft North Somerset store
- 9 Clevedon rated as one of the most desirable places to live in the UK
Dogs in her care can look forward to long walks across Moor End Spout, Morgan’s Hill, Wraxhall Woods and Morecombe Hill, where she usually exercises her two black Labradors.
Anyone interested in the service can call Bev on 07984 899703.