Vet nurse sets up dog walking business
A VETERINARY nurse has given up her 30-year career to set up a dog walking business.
Bev Summerell, aged 50, from Nailsea, who worked at Golden Valley Vets for 17 years, yearned for a slower pace of life with more time spent in the great outdoors when she set up Muddy Mutts at the end of last year.
The mother-of-two also offers a house sitting service to look after pets while their owners are away and will use her skills to administer medication or nail clipping when needed.
Former Essex girl Bev, who also worked for Susan Yeo, in Backwell, for 12 years, said: “It’s a big step and is very nerve wracking but life’s too short not to give it a go.
“I wanted to try something different and just hope I can get it off the ground.”
You may also want to watch:
The Greenslade Gardens resident already has one permanent client, as well as a few casual ones.
She has also had flyers printed and plans to set up a website.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 10 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
Dogs in her care can look forward to long walks across Moor End Spout, Morgan’s Hill, Wraxhall Woods and Morecombe Hill, where she usually exercises her two black Labradors.
Anyone interested in the service can call Bev on 07984 899703.