Vandals move speed signs
vandals:‘Criminal vandalism’ in Congresbury is not the work of youngsters, according to one North Somerset councillor.
A vehicle-activated sign on the A370 has been vandalised for the second time this month, by being turned away from oncoming traffic.
Cllr Tom Leimdorfer said: “This criminal vandalism is not the work of youngsters.
“These are people determined to make our roads less safe and are prepared to go to great lengths to avoid being reminded that they are driving dangerously.
“This vandalism requires a ladder and tools and was probably carried out at night.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope anyone who has information will contact the police or North Somerset Council.”
- 1 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 2 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 3 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 4 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 5 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 6 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 7 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 8 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 9 Driving group needs more volunteers
- 10 Camera club wants new members to join