Update: Accident road reopened
A BUSY commuter route in Long Ashton has been reopened following an accident this morning (Tues).
Emergency services were called to Clarken Coombe at 8.10am to deal with the serious incident involving one car.
A 20-year-old man had to be cut out of his Vauxhall Tigra by firefighters using hydraulic cutting equipment.
They removed the roof and the man was put on a spinal board before being taken to hospital.
His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed but was reopened at about 9.40am.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway