U3A moves home as membership grows
A POPULAR self-help group in North Somerset is moving to a new base to cope with its growing membership.
Woodspring U3A, which celebrates is 30th anniversary this year, enables older people no longer in full-time employment to share their knowledge, skills and interests through monthly meetings.
The group caters for people in Portishead, Clevedon, Nailsea and Yatton and has been meeting at Tickenham Village Hall since 1998.
Membership has steadily grown over the years to 350 people, with 54 special interest groups covering a range of topics including music, history, art, writing, Sunday lunches and walking.
In order to cope with the expanding membership, the group will now be holding its monthly meetings and coffee mornings at Nailsea Methodist Church, Silver Street.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a coffee morning for new members and anyone interested in finding out more in room 2 at the church hall on October 10 at 10.30am.
Monthly meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 2.15pm. To find out more call Diane Bennett on 01275 810067.
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 3 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 4 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 7 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 8 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe