Two treated for carbon monoxide poisoning

PUBLISHED: 10:02 06 July 2014

Archant

A CHILD and adult were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at a house in Clevedon last night (Sat).

Firefighters from Weston and Clevedon were called to the house in The Chaffins at 9.40pm to reports of a gas leak.

An adult and child were outside the property when crews arrived, suffering from dizziness and headaches.

First aid was administered by firefighters until the ambulance arrived.

Crews isolated the gas boiler from the electricity supply which ventilated the building and the boiler was tested but no gases were identified.

The incident was left to Transco after officers arrived and were inspecting the gas boiler.

It was believed to be carbon monoxide poisoning. The adult and child were not taken to hospital.

If you value what this gives you, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the North Somerset Times