Two people hospitalised after tumble dryer fire

PUBLISHED: 11:50 20 March 2019 | UPDATED: 12:10 20 March 2019

Two people were taken to hospital after a tumble dryer caught fire.

Two people were taken to hospital after a tumble dryer caught fire.

Archant

Firefighters rescued two people from a house in Nailsea after a tumble dryer caught fire.

Avon Fire and Rescue Service was called to St Mary’s Park just before midnight last night (Tuesday).

The tumble drier in the outhouse of the property had caught fire and the flames spread to a nearby car and caravan.

Two crews from Nailsea and two from Clevedon fire station were called to the incident.

Ten firefighters in breathing apparatus used two high-pressure hose reels, two 45mm jets and two CO2 extinguishers to tackle the blaze.

They also used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear smoke and a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots.

Firefighters rescued two people from the building, who were taken to hopsital by ambulance crews.

A third person was treated for smoke inhalation.

Police were also in attendence and the cause of the fire is thought to be accidental.

People are advised not to leave tumble dryers on overnight or leave them unattended.

For more fire safety advice, visit www.avonfire.gov.uk/safety-advice/fire-safety/electrical-safety/tumble-dryer-safety-advice


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the North Somerset Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the North Somerset Times