Two men arrested after shot fired in Wrington pub
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 40s has been arrested after allegedly firing a shotgun in a Wrington pub last night (Sunday).
Avon and Somerset Constabulary were called to the Golden Lion pub in Broad Street at about 8pm.
Eyewitnesses told the Times an argument in the pub took place and then a man came back to the inn with a firearm and fired a shot.
One man has been arrested in relation to the shooting, while a second has been arrested on suspicion of assault.
Nobody was injured in the shooting, although paramedics were called to the scene to treat one man who suffered injuries during an altercation.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “We were called to a disturbance at a public house in Broad Street, Wrington shortly before 8pm last night (Sunday).
“A firearm was discharged – no-one was injured.
- 1 Town centre retirement complex to become apartments
- 2 Baby Etta is first to be born at Clevedon MIU
- 3 Ashton & Backwell United appoint Tony Beecham as new manager
- 4 Beer and cider festival raises £2k for community centre
- 5 Hundreds flock to town's first arts festival
- 6 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 7 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 8 Nailsea preschool leader retires after 33 years
- 9 State-of-the-art gym launched at Clevedon School
- 10 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
“Following the incident a man, aged 51 was assaulted – he was taken to hospital with minor injuries but has since been released. He has been arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
“Another man – aged 49 - has been arrested on suspicion of assault.
“The area was cordoned off to allow crime scene investigators to examine the scene.
“We would like to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident. They should call 101, quoting reference 5216174857.”