Two arrested in cannabis raid
A MAN and a woman in their 20s have been arrested on suspicion of dealing drugs.
Police officers found nine cannabis plants when they raided a home in Forth Avenue in Portishead yesterday (Thurs).
A 29-year-old man and a 21-year-old woman were arrested for possessing the class B drug on suspicion of selling it on. They have since been bailed.
Officers seized the plants, five bags of vegetable matter and seeds from the home.
Inspector Kerry Paterson said: “Cannabis is seen by some as a lower level drug, but Avon and Somerset police take it very seriously.
You may also want to watch:
“We target and disrupt its cultivation and links with serious and organised crime.
“I hope this warrant reassures local residents that we take drug-related crime very seriously in Portishead.”
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 6 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 8 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport