TV face to switch on town lights
CHRISTMAS lights in Clevedon’s town centre will be switched on by a familiar face from the world of TV.
Daphne Fowler, who has featured on the BBC quiz show Eggheads for nine years, will press the button in Queens Square at 5pm on December 1 to illuminate the town with festive cheer.
The lights in the town centre have been funded by the community group Clevedon Pride, whose members have raised almost �9,000 toward them, and Clevedon Town Council.
The switch-on will take place during Clevedon Pride’s Christmas fair to held in the square from 12.30-6pm.
This will be the fourth year the voluntary group has held a Christmas fair and this year it will have even more stalls and attractions.
You may also want to watch:
Children will be well catered for with a bouncy castle, fairground rides and face painting. Tombola and bottle stalls will give visitors the chance to win champagne.
Father Christmas will be on hand with a sack full of gifts and stocking fillers, and live entertainment will include singers, dancers and musicians.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 6 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 9 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
Clevedon Pride chairman Jo Leigh-Jones said: “This is very much a community event and we are building on the success of the past few years. The more stallholders we have, the bigger and better the event.”
Anyone wishing to hold a stall at the fair should call Mike Bisacre on 01275 874097 or call into Present Company in Queens Square.